RABBINIC SEXUAL MISCONDUCT SURVIVOR

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT - YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Monday, January 23, 2006

ABUSIVE RABBI'S

I was just sitting here pondering why it is that there are so many "rabbi's" who are abusive and/or egotistical, power-hungry, bullies? What is is about the rabbinate that attracts these horrible men? I've read that the same personality types who make "good" rabbi's also predispose these same rabbi's to abuse their power. The more I learn about abusive rabbi's and the more abusive rabbi's I come into contact with, the more I wonder why I bother with organized religion to begin with. Judaism as a religion is a beautiful thing - unfortunately - people often profane it and spoil it. G-d is not the problem - people are.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chavah,

    Come to the east coast and I will show you so many wonderful good Rabbi's, you'll regret this post.

    Look at mayerson's picture. That isn't what an ultra orthodox Rabbi looks like.

    Lets not forget. In every barrel of white sheep, there is going to be a black one.

    But don't forget the 99 white ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home